The Chalfont fire company was dispatched to 17 Marian circle for a fire alarm at 1:26 pm Saturday June 28. Shortly after dispatch the call was upgraded to a dwelling fire. Battalion 34 (Schea) was first on scene with a fully involved garage and fire in the second floor and roof of the home. Engine 34 (lt Bair) Ladder 74 (lt Dando) Rescue 34 (Miller) Chief 34 (McGuire) Responded. Upon arrival engine 34 layed in to the scene. Engine 34, ladder 74 quickly put two hand lines in to service one to the interior of the home and one to the garage side. Crews made quick work to extinguish the fire but due to the extreme heat of the day many mutual aid companies were called in to help.
This call shows how important fire alarms can be the family was home at the time of the fire. The fire company was first alerted by the alarm system but by the time the first arriving company was on scene the fire had quickly spread into the house. Always make sure to have working fire alarms in your homes as well as to regularly check the batteries.